Direct School Admission
DSA Exercise 2019 for admission into Secondary One 2020
For information on criteria and procedures, CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FULL DOCUMENT
Registration starts on Wed 8 May, 9am.
To submit online application for DSA, click here. Application deadline: 4 June 2019 3pm
Interested to learn more? Attend the DSA talks on 18 May 2019 (Sat) at 9.00am or 11.00am, followed by a school tour (Optional). Click here to register for the talks.
DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION EXERCISE 2019
(For Admission into Secondary 1 in the year 2020)
Singapore Chinese Girls’ School is a dual-track school that promotes a culture of excellence in the holistic development of our students. We offer the 4-year GCE O-Level Programme and the 6-year Integrated Programme leading to the GCE A-Level Programme at Eunoia Junior College in Years 5 and 6.
The Direct School Admission Exercise allows students to seek admission to SCGS based on a range of achievements and talents.
|The 4-year GCE O-Level Programme||CCA and leadership
(Sports, Performing Arts, Clubs)
Students who have excellent leadership skills and those who are talented in one of the fifteen Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) may apply for DSA into either the O-Level Programme or the Integrated Programme
|The 6-year Integrated Programme||CCA, leadership & specific academic talents
Students who have excellent leadership skills or specific academic/CCA talents, and who are suited for the Integrated Programme, may apply for DSA into the Integrated Programme.
From 2019, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal.
For more details, please refer to MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direct-admissions/dsa-sec.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS (8 MAY 2019 – 4 JUN 2019)
- Cost – No Fees are charged.
- Application Period – Four weeks, from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm.
- Choices – An applicant can indicate up to three choices. Each choice consists of a secondary school and a talent area offered by that secondary school.
- Maximum choices for each DSA-Sec school – Of the three choices, an applicant may use a maximum of two choices to apply to the same school, for two different talent areas of that school.
- Dual track school – If a talent area is offered for both the O-Level and Integrated Programme (IP) in a dual-track school, applicants are to indicate a preference for one of the programmes or no preference.
WHO CAN APPLY?
a. Applicants studying in MOE mainstream primary schools
Only one parent’s SingPass is needed to log in. If parent/ guardian is unable to apply online, they can approach the child’s primary school for assistance.
b. Applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools
You need to obtain a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) at MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm, before you can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. (This includes Homeschoolers, returning Singaporeans and international students)
Refer to the MOE website at: https://va.ecitizen.gov.sg/cfp/customerPages/moe/displayresult.aspx?MesId=5509687
All International students are required to take part in the Admission Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they are considered for DSA-Sec allocation.
International students who fail AEIS will not be considered for DSA-Sec allocation.
International students who do not register will not be considered for DSA-Sec allocation even if they are accepted by their schools of choice.
Please refer to the AEIS website:
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- Once an applicant is successfully allocated to Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, she will NOT be allowed to participate in the annual Secondary One Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools, and will be expected to honour the commitment to SCGS for the entire duration of the programme . She will also NOT be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. If she is admitted based on a CCA, no change of CCA is allowed for 4 years unless there are medical reasons.
- Integrated Programme applicants successfully allocated into the Joint Integrated Programme at SCGS, must commit to 6 years, 4 years in SCGS and 2 years in Eunoia Junior College.
If she is admitted based on a CCA, she will be committed to 4 years of CCA in SCGS, no change of CCA is allowed for 4 years unless there are medical reasons. She will have a choice of CCA when she joins Eunoia Junior College.
- No one deserving of a place in the school need be discouraged because of financial considerations. Financial assistance schemes are in place to support talented students. All students interested in an SCGS education and who can see their talents advanced at SCGS should apply.